Specsavers Donated High Vis Jackets to Dudley Schools (December 2017)
A DUDLEY opticians has donated high visibility vests to Dudley youngsters to make sure they are seen as they walk to and from school during the winter months. Specsavers in Castle Street has given more than 200 high visibility vests Roberts Primary School, Kates Hill Primary School, Blowers Green Primary School, Beechwood C of E Primary School, Priory Primary […]
Gornal Together - Winners of the Gornal Poem (December 2017)
A very big thank you to all Year 6 at Roberts who took part in Gornal Together's poetry competition. The winners names, who were judged by Gornal Together's Chair and Vice Chair are Charlie and Amelia from Year 6. Both pupils are to be part of the switching on of the Gornal Christmas lights on Saturday 2nd December […]
Go Givers - The Big Vote
Roberts Primary School took part in a vote to discover the issue of greatest concern to the nation’s children, and to take part in a national campaign to make things better. The Make a Difference Challenge is a child-led social action project for children that supports pupils in identifying, researching and addressing a cause or […]
Year 6 Bully 4 U - November 2017
Year 6 have recently enjoyed a visit from Loudmouth Theatre who performed their roadshow: 'Bully 4 U'. Through drama, quizzes and a class workshop we covered bullying, resilience and online safety. We now have an increased knowledge of what services can offer support to young people affected by bullying or cyberbullying such as ChildLine (www.childline.org.uk)
Parliament Week - November 2017
Children got a chance to find out what it was like to be politicians during our annual parliament week focus. Year 1 discussed who makes the rules of our country. We learnt about the Prime Minister and took a virtual tour of the House of Parliament. We had our own debate about whether it was fair that morning […]
Me Festival (November 2017)
Five Year 5 and 6 children from our School Council got the chance to the Me Festival at Himley. This was a series of workshops designed to embrace the 5 Ways to Wellbeing. Connect Where is strong evidence that indicates that feeling close to, and valued by, other people is a fundamental human need and […]
The Osiligi Masai Warriors (September 2017)
In September we met the Osiligi Masai Warriors, a seven piece group that comes from the village of Oleopolos in southern Kenya. They showed us their authentic and exciting Masai tribal songs, told us about their culture and history and performed the world famous Masai jumping (which Mr Charlton and Mr Hughes also had a […]
Children in Need
We have just been told that Roberts has been identified as one of the top 500 fundraisers out of the 17,000 schools that were involved in last year’s BBC Children in Need. We wish to say a big THANK YOU to the pupils, staff and wider school community for your loyal support offered to the charity.
- Book Fair - October 2017
Our Scholastic Book Fair has raised £806 in free books for our school. Thank you to everyone who attended at helped out at the book fair.
- Zone 1: The Pentecostal Church, Eve Lane - Thursdays term time, 6.15pm - 7.30pm
Zone 1 is a church based club with stories, songs, quizzes and games. For more details, call the church on 01902 663000 or 01902 662777.
- BBC Children in Need 2016. Roberts Primary School - TOP FUNDRAISER!
Roberts has been identified as one of the top 500 fundraisers out of the 17,000 schools that were involved in last year’s has been awarded a loyal supporter award.
- Handy Helpers: Macmillan Coffee Morning - £191.40 raised.
The coffee morning was a great success. The final total sent off to Macmillan was £191.40, thanks to all who took part.
- Football: Roberts v Foxyards - Thursday 14th November 2017 (away)
Our first football match of the year - and 5-0 to Roberts! Well done!
- Handy Helpers Meeting - Tuesday 23rd January 2018, 6-7pm
Come along and find out how you can help. Meet in the main entrance at 6pm. See Mrs Hunt or Mr Hughes for more details.
- Nursery and Reception: Puppet Show, Monday 18th December
Children from Nursery and Year 1 get their annual puppet show.
- Year 1: Christmas Workshops, Monday 18th December
Georgina Varney comes in to work with all Year 1 children.
- Years 1, 2, 3 and 4: Flip and Dippy Visit - Tuesday 19th December
Flip and Dippy come into school with their own form of very special entertainment.
- Nursery: Christmas Party Day - Tuesday 19th December
Nursery get the chance to come into school in their party clothes.
- School Closes - Wednesday 20th December, 1.30pm
Don't forget that school closes at 1.30pm on Wednesday 20th December (Nursery closed all day) . Have a good Christmas and Happy New Year.
- Tuesday 2nd January 2018 - back to school!
Welcome back! Doors open at normal time of 8.45am.
- Gold Book Praise Assembly - Friday 5th January
Well done to all children nominated for their achievements. Come and join us from 9am to share in their celebration.
- Choir: Young Voices Performance - Tuesday 9th January
A chance for children to perform at the Genting Arena.
- Year 4: Water Cycle Workshops - Wednesday 10th January
Year 4 work alongside Severn Trent Water as part of their topic work.
- Year 1: Forest Schools begin - Friday 12th January (Red 1 and Blue 1) and Friday 19th January (Yellow 1)
Wrap up warm, Year 1 are back into the woods for their Forest School!
- School Council: Change4Life - Friday 12th January
Some of our School Council get to meet other school School Council members at a Change4Life event at St Mary's C of E Primary School.
- Nursery Application Deadline - Monday 15th January 2018
Please make sure that nursery applications for the academic year 2018/19 are submitted by Monday 15th January 2018.
- Year 1: Arctic and Antarctica Polar Regions Workshops - 22.01.18 (Yellow 1), 24.01.18 (Blue 1), 25.01.18 (Red 1)
An invite to parents and carers to come and join in Year 1's Polar learning so far.
- Handy helpers Meeting - Tuesday 23rd January, 6pm
All welcome, come along and join us and find out what you can do to help us.
- Are you claiming, or about to claim, Universal Credit?
Come and talk to Dudley Council Plus about how to manage your money during these changes. Free one-to-one support and guidance available on 0300 555 8100
- School Dinners 2017-18
Please note that from Monday 11th September school meal prices will be £2.30. Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 do not have to pay for theirs.
- Reception and KS1 Parents and Carers: Keeping Up With the Children - English Course
A Family Learning Course to help you develop your skills in supporting your child's Literacy skills. First session Friday 6th October, 9-11am.
- Please tell us if you change your address or contact details at any time.
Help us to keep in touch with you by text and mobile!
- Blue 6 Assembly - Friday 19th January
Come along and join us to find out what Blue 6 have been doing in their classrooms. Approximately 9am start.